Create Certificates Online
A certificate is an official document acting as a written or digital testimonial piece of information often having legal importance. The intention of this document is to serve as evidence of the completion of a degree, acquirement of a course, expression of achievement, or attestation of the aptitude of an individual. These help an individual allow individuals demonstrate their qualifications, professional skill, and extra and co-curricular accomplishments. These are issued by authorized individuals, parties, or organizations to provide standard proof of validity.
Select any of the templates shown below to start creating your own Certificate in High-Quality PDF format.
How should certificates be designed to give a professional look?
Certificates usually have a specific template or format to be followed in order to make them look organized and standardized. For your certificate to be in accordance with professional formatting guidelines here are a few tips you can keep in mind:
- Choose a certificate backdrop that goes with the mood of whatever event or activity you are creating the certificates for. You can either choose to go bold or keep it minimal. Most individuals prefer a plain, white background that fits with all the types of occasions.
- The details to be entered into a certificate are totally dependent on one’s choice. There are details that can be omitted (such as the detailed experience and expertise of the person receiving the certificate). However, there are other details that are very appropriate to be added to a certificate (such as the name, details of the reason why the certificate is being awarded, signature of the issuing authority, and date of the certificate issuing.
- The design of your certificate is another factor that determines how impressive your certificate looks. The font type and size, the positioning of text, color choice, borders, and shapes are all crucial factors.
What are the different types of certificates?
As stated above, there are various reasons that require us to create certificates. Some of these have been explained below:
- Certificate of achievement (for students): provided when a student proves his/her mettle on the academic grounds
- Certificate of Excellent performance: might be provided to employees as well as students based on their outstanding performance in any area
- Certificate of sports/extracurricular achievement: students or other individuals who display exceptional performance in sports events, debates, poetry, poem, or writing competitions, etc.
- Certificate of appreciation: on account of participation in a successful activity or a philanthropic event, etc.
- Certificate of completion of the course: The degree and courses in most parts of the world provide their candidates with proof of their diplomas, etc. from their respective organizations.
One thing to remember in case you’re looking for just the right kind of certificate template for your organization or project is to keep the purpose in mind. The certificates for official event participation should not be too colorful, while those for a movie screening event can be all on the showy side. The best, winning certificates are those that keep it simple and to the point. No one wants to read rows and rows of texts on a small letter-sized document!